You must be part of a learning community to register
Register as a Be You
To get started, there are a few things you need to do:
- Register as an individual user and verify your account.
- Login to your account.
- Go to your dashboard and select My Learning Community.
- Confirm you are the Action Team Leader.
- Prepare for contact from a Be You Consultant.
You've started as Be You Learning Community!
What is a Be You
The most effective approach to mental health prevention and promotion is one that involves the whole learning community – including leaders, educators, children, young people and their families, and the wider local community.
This is what we call a ‘whole learning community approach’, and it involves working together with all members of your learning community to create change. It’s about building a positive and inclusive environment which promotes resilience and allows every child, young person, educator, and family member to achieve their best possible mental health.
This approach moves beyond individual educator professional learning and is framed around progressing through the Be You Implementation Process.
A Be You Learning Community is a school or early learning service which has committed to a whole learning community approach to mental health and wellbeing. It has active support from leadership, with an Action Team Leader and team ready to drive change and take action.
Read more about setting up an Action Team.
Benefits of becoming
a Be You Learning Community
As a Be You Learning Community, you’re making a strong statement to the wider community about your commitment to promoting mental health and wellbeing. To assist you to lead, create and maintain positive change, you’ll have access to a range of Be You supports, tools and resources.
Support from a Be You Consultant
Registered Be You Learning Communities have access to a Be You Consultant to support you every step of the way.
Your Be You Consultant works with the Action Team Leader, and acts as a mentor and advocate to assist with the implementation of Be You at your school or early learning service.
Be You Consultants have extensive knowledge about mental health and wellbeing in schools and services, and understand the important link between wellbeing and learning success, as well as educational priorities in your state or territory. They can also give advice on mental health services and supports in your local community.
Early Childhood Australia Consultants look after early learning services, and headspace Consultants look after primary and secondary schools.
Be You Consultants support Action Team Leaders by:
- advising how to use Be You tools and resources to assist in a whole-setting approach
- guiding and supporting the development and implementation of your Action Plan
- suggesting a journey through the Be You Professional Learning that’s tailored to your learning community
- guiding Action Teams to navigate local community and mental health services and supports
- assisting with identifying and prioritising needs within the learning community
- suggesting actions to meet specific needs of children and young people within your early learning service or school
- helping Action Teams identify and celebrate achievements.
Access to your Action Team Leader Dashboard
Action Team Leaders will have:
- access to implementation and planning tools designed to help you implement a whole learning community approach
- visibility of Be You Professional Learning progress made by all educators within their early learning service or school.
Read more about the Action Team Leader dashboard in the Action Team Handbook.
Access to Be You Sessions and Events
Action Teams will gain access to sessions, events and networking opportunities focused on a whole learning community approach to promoting mental health.
Read more about Be You Session and Events.